Countdown to Baby Noah

pregnancy week by week

Friday, March 14, 2008

Precious Moment!

I had to share a special experience that Kaitlynn has had over the last few days and also I have to write it down or I will forget like I always do. Kaitlynn has been having trouble at school with a little girl who is very much a bully and a brat (I am just a little protective). It started at the beginning of the year with her kicking Kaitlynn in the shin under her desk when the teacher was not looking, calling her names, laughing at her on the bus, at the bus stop, and at recess. This girl is not mean only to Kaitlynn but she seems to focus most of her hatred towards her because Kaitlynn and this girl used to share a common friend. (That friend has since devoted I guess you would say to Kaitlynn, we love her she is a sweetie). So anyway just wanted to give you a back ground. Kaitlynn came home upset on Friday that this girl was making fun of her and some other girls. She was relentless and would not leave Kaitlynn alone. Now mind you, Jared and I have tried everything to help her through this. We have told her to ignore her, stand up to her, try to befriend her, talk to the teacher, etc. NOTHING has worked for very long. So Kaitlynn and I talked on and off about it all weekend. Finally, on Sunday or Saturday I had a revelation. I was telling Kaitlynn to do everything, but the one thing she should do. I told her about when I was younger and how I would sometimes do like the scriptures said and go into my secret place (my pink closet) and talk to the Lord just like you would talk to you mom or dad. I told her to tell Him her concerns, fears, and ideas and ask for his help. I told her that the answer would come, maybe not right away, but soon, as long as she really was sincere. So Monday morning came and I was expecting the same hesitation about the bus stop but she just bopped out the door. I asked her "Are you going to have a good day?" She sincerely and I really mean that she was serious and sincere. She looked at me and said "Yep I am, I got my answer!" And that was it. I lived in suspense all day long to find out what had happened. When she got home she said she had a great day and I asked her if she could share her answer with me. She said "Heavenly Father told me to just keep being Kaitlynn and that I should love my enemies." That was it! Some days I wish that my line was as directed as my childrens, they are so precious and important to me. They truly have been sent here to teach Jared and I!! I am happy to report she has not had another bad day since then and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for answering her prayers and mine!! He truly does love his children!!

8 comments:

Kerrie said...

Hey girl! This is Kerrie Lunt/Graham. I just found your site i don't know how! I love this blogging thing! It's great to see you and your family and what you guys are up to. I'm so proud of your girl. What a neat testimony of prayer! Awesome.

Kerrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerrie said...

Oh my heck. I just saw the Nacho masks! That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! I want one of those!

Jordan and Luci said...

Court, that is awesome! I loved the b-day party too. Looks like you are following in your mom's foot steps and doing awesome parties! Love ya!

Luci

Amy John said...

What a touching story. I am so glad that she is happy at school again. It breaks my heart whenever I think of any kids getting bullied at school.

Ras Family said...

Kaitlynn is such a sweet girl!!!

John, Amanda and boyz said...

Court-
What a sweet story! I sure love you guys! You are great parents and it shows. I think that the cake was great! Tell Connor that we are sorry that we didn't call for his birthday! and that we love him lots and are glad that he had a great cowboy birthday!
Love Amanda

Sonda Bryce said...

Courtney... Just shows what a great mom you are! What a sweet girl! I am so glad to find your blog. Now I can kinda keep up with you guys. HOpe you are all ok! :) Sonda