Countdown to Baby Noah

pregnancy week by week

Friday, April 25, 2008

Moderation is GOOD!!!

So I went to the doctor yesterday and I guess you could call it good news. He told me that the baby sounds great. My blood pressure does continue to slowly creep higher and higher. Right now he called it "borderline risk" whatever that means?? Basically he would like my blood pressure to stay in the 130's until I get to 36 weeks. If I can do that then I can be on "Moderate" bed rest which to me sounds so much better than strict bed rest. If I go too high though we will have to renegotiate. He would just like to get me to 38 weeks and then he says we will be in good shape. He says he will probably take the baby early but I am hoping that I can keep everything low enough so that I can go full term which in June 20th (as long as the baby is okay). I am really liking the doctor up here and the hospital is amazing. The help and concern here has been awesome even if I complain that they ask me way too many times to take my blood pressure!! Jared and Kaitlynn were able to come down for a few days and it has been wonderful. They have really helped lift my spirits. Oh, how I have missed them. Kaitlynn looks so much older even just after 2 weeks. Well, we will keep updating and hope that all will continue to be good news!! All the best.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on being able to get out a little. I'm serious about watching the kids if you need me to. I would love to. Or if you want I go to the park every Monday I could come and get them and take them with me. Please let me know if I can help.

Grandma O said...

Please call and let me talk to the boys -- I'm missing them terribly~~. I'm glad that you are doing better, and that Jared and Kaitlynn were able to lift your spirits. We miss you tons here in Moab. The house is not the same without you guys! You may be sad to be restricted; but I'm having withdrawal pains, big time!
And yes, I have lots of messages from people in the Ward asking about you. Amy Cox, from 2nd Ward has called and also Miss Pam has called about Jacob's Pre-school for next year, in case Jared has forgotten to give you the messages.

Love ya,
Grandma O

Misty said...

Oh, that has got to be so hard to be on bedrest! I'm glad you have lots of help - what would we do without family? If you're still there, I want to come see you when I'm in town for graduation. I'll call ya!

Amy John said...

Man Court I haven't checked your blog out for a little while I guess because I had no idea!!!! I hope everything goes ok!!