Countdown to Baby Noah

pregnancy week by week

Friday, May 30, 2008

WHAT????

So I went to the doc yesterday and my bp looks pretty good just a little higher than it has been. The goal all along that I was given was to keep my bp below 140 and stay on my left side as much as possible. I have been doing that mostly!! The thought the doc had been telling us all along was just make it to 37 weeks and we will induce. I fully went to the doc intent on trying to talk him into letting me get to 38 weeks. So he looks at all the tests results and the babies readings and says......"well if you do not go into labor by 39 weeks if you are into it we could induce you"............WHAT????? I mean I am very excited that the baby is doing awesome and that the Lord has blessed my body to be able to carry this child longer and make him stronger...but I was not prepared for that. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not have babies on my own. I have always been induced and it is usually at 40-42 weeks. I just cannot do it normal as with everything else I guess. So it looks like at least another 14 days on my left side which is a little discouraging, but I did cheat and go to the movies and dinner last night with Jared just to lift my spirits. I know everything happens for a reason and I am trying to be positive but if anyone knows anything fun to do while laying on your left side all day let me know!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ah man I've been checking this thing hoping to find out you've had the baby(because you know that's the only way we'll find out ;) ha ha) Well at least things are good right? I know you want to be done though, sorry! Anyway, please let us know if you want/need anything.

Misty said...

Hey Court - it was good to see you. Good luck with everything - I will be watching for pictures of baby noah!

The Jensen Bunch said...

Hey Courtney,
I am so sorry you have to go longer! I am sure this isn't a big deal but Louis and I are coming home with mom on Wednesday. Louis has this incredible smile that will definetely lift your spirits! We will come and see you 44444444444444444444 The 4's are from Louis-We sure love you Court! You are such a trooper and such a great mom! We will see you soon.